Warning: Declaration of description_walker::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $id = 0) in /home/thatremi/public_html/soundeffectsanddesign.com/wp-content/themes/avantgarde/admin/theme-functions.php on line 0
Music License FAQ - Sound Effects & Design

Music License FAQ

Music TurntableWhen buying a Music License from Sound Effects & Design we have two types of music license to choose from. We have the standard music license and the extended music license. 

If you are a buying music to use in a student project where the completed project including the item is going to be free to the end user then a standard music license is what you need. The extended music license is required if the end user must pay to watch, purchase or rent your completed project.

Q) Do I need to pay a music collecting society (PRS, ASCAP etc) each time my completed project containing music track/s bought from Sound Effects & Design is publicly broadcast, streamed, sold or rented?

A) No you do not. The music tracks you buy from Sound Effects and Design 'Music to Buy' page are all royalty free. 

Q) Can I use a Sound Effects and Design music track in a stand-alone music track or music video? 

A) No can do. 

Q) Can muliple people in my organisation use the same piece of music?

A) Yes, as long as it's for the same single 'End Production.'

Q) We want to distribute an 'End Production' that will only be distributed internally. Do we need to buy an an extended music license?

A) No as your 'End Production' does not charge the viewer any fee.

Q) What does non-exclusive mean?

A) Non-exclusive Music License means that your not the only person or company that gets to use the music track/s. Other producers and produtions can also buy the same music to use in their 'End Production.' 

Q) We would like a fresh and original music track who should we contact?

A) Contact: foley@soundeffectsanddesign.com